Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Attwood Bay

July 17th-Attwood Bay (Desolation Sound)

We stern tied to shore close to where a small freshwater stream flowed into the Attwood Bay. Upon our arrival a momma duck and a brood of ducklings zipped out of the freshwater stream and darted up the granite rock shoreline. There were several boats in the bay when we arrived, two trawlers rafted on the far side and a powerboat docked next to a small float cabin. We launched the kayaks and took a paddle around the shore. We did a little beaching combing, played with Max, and I found another little plant for my garden. The water was 71 degrees and very clear. The area is surrounded by tall volcanic looking mountains, some with substantial snow glaciers.
I didn’t get much sleep last night. My arm is swollen and hot where the Yellow Jacket stung me. It itches and burns continually in spite of the Sting X and ice pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment