Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Best Friends

Entry from Chris' journal....


On this trip Lindy and I had a lot of time to talk; maybe too much time. We have

been friends for several years and have lived together for about three years. We

realized we are the best of friends but not so good at living together. I couldn’t

ask for a better first mate than Lindy. She can handle the helm and do everything

needed to get us ready for the dock. She has better eyes than I do and can spot

logs that I never do see. She is a darn good cook and can pull the head off the

prawns as good as anyone. BUT she is tired of boating in the northwest with the

rain and cold. I can understand that but I still have a few more places I would like

to go; besides, that big halibut with my name on it is still swimming around out

there. So, Lindy will be heading home to Tucson while I work on Sea Mist to get

her ready for this winter and next summer.

I hope to spend some time with Lindy and Max in Tucson this winter, but I will be

here most of the time and I hope to find a part time job so I can pay for a

replacement for Gator. I have already picked a name for my new fishing boat;

“Fishism”. We have watched the complete series of Ally McBeal this summer and

we both just loved it. One of the characters (Richard Fish) would have words of

wisdom at times and he would call them “Fishism”. That sounds like a good name

for a fishing boat to me. Now all I have to do is find it and finance it.

And Then…

No comments:

Post a Comment