Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cutting the ties to land.

Another step closer to cutting the ties to land. I posted my car for sale on Craig's List late last night and sold it this morning. With the reports of people having bad experiences with selling on line to strangers, I had some concerns about using that method of selling my car. But, I have always had good luck with selling things on line and I have met some really nice individuals while doing so.  Meeting perspective buyers in the parking lot of the Marina seemed to be a pretty safe bet. I found out later that the family of four looking for a good commuter car was having the same conversation about how safe would it be meeting a stranger (me) with over $5000 in cash in their pockets. It turned out that I work with the wife's mother in Aberdeen. Max loved playing with their kids, they all loved the car, and they ended up coming down to the boat for a nice visit. Again, ya gotta love Craig's List. Now, I am off to rent a car so I can get to work for the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! WOW you are really moving fast. I was wondering how you were getting to work until I read futher.I sold my wet suit yesterday off craigs list.

    ReplyDelete