Monday, May 17, 2010

Thirty two days and counting!

The count down has begun. Retirement and full time cruising will begin for us in just about a month. Chris will be officially retired from the state on June 18th and my last contracted day with the Aberdeen School District will be the 30th of June. We are both excited and a bit apprehensive at the same time. Quitting our jobs seems like a big step into the great unknown. It feels a bit like the first time you take what dive instructors call, the "giant stride". This is when you step off into deep water in full dive gear and hope your BC will keep you from sinking to the bottom of Puget Sound. I am pretty sure however that the apprehension will dissipate shortly after we leave the dock. I figure the summer months will feel like any summer vacation, and the reality of retirement will hit me when everyone else goes back to school in September.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris & Lindy ! I wanted to be your first posted comment. I'm ready to hear the adventures of SeaMist !! 32 days and counting. Start pinching yourself because its almost here !!!

    ReplyDelete